Rethink Community, LLC and Rethink Healthcare Real Estate, LLC
Position: Development Associate
Location: White Plains, NY, New York, NY or other
Rethink Capital Partners is seeking a real estate development professional to join our growing team. The Development Associate will split time between two of our business units: Rethink Community (RTC) and Rethink Healthcare Real Estate.
This position will report to the Vice President of Development. The ideal candidate will possess a strong knowledge of the development process and have direct experience managing construction projects. The likely candidate will currently be working in a real estate development capacity but may also be with a general contractor.
Rethink Community is an impact investor focused on inclusive real estate development including workforce housing and mixed-use development in city environments. Rethink Community invests for both positive social impact and appropriate market returns. It generally will engage in planning and land development either alone or in partnership with a developer and may also develop or support the development of new vertical properties.
Rethink Healthcare Real Estate is a leading investor in healthcare outpatient facilities nationwide. New investments range from providing equity to development partners for new projects to acquiring existing assets.
Through our activities, we strive to deliver superior financial returns for our investors and contribute to the betterment of society. For more information, please visit our website or join us on LinkedIn.
– Participate in the underwriting of acquisition and development projects by preparing financial models, performing market research, and presenting/discussing findings with senior investment professionals
– Assist in conducting due diligence on projects under consideration
– Assist the asset management team in overseeing various types of construction projects
– Assist the asset management team in the day-to-day oversight of the portfolio
– Prepare information for management and investor reporting
– Undergraduate degree in construction, real estate, engineering, or a related field
– Two to seven years of experience in real estate with an excellent track record
– Strong written/verbal communication skills
– Advanced knowledge of Excel and other MS Office suite programs
– Highly organized and detailed; able to handle multiple concurrent projects
– Ability to travel for project related functions
Pay & Benefits
– Competitive compensation; salary plus bonus
– Generous employee benefits including health, dental, life insurance and 401(k) with company match
– Ample paid time off, including generous family and medical leave
– Opportunities for professional development and advancement
– Flexible hybrid work arrangements in consultation with your team’s needs
Our Commitment to Inclusion
We are keenly aware that diverse teams make better decisions, and we welcome candidates of every race, religion, sex, gender, and national origin.